Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Extreme (non) Couponing

Before I left Texas, I watched an 'Extreme Couponing' marathon on TV (don't judge me!).   One of the self-proclaimed couponers liked to carefully arrange the goods from her 'haul,' once she got home and then take photographs of the items for a scrap book.  Totally weird; however, on one particular episode, this chick built a tower of food the size of a small car on her kitchen table, and only paid about $8 for everything.

Well, Monday, I hit up the grocery store, and had what I might call the 'opposite' experience-  I spent $30 on practically nothing (probably about $18 of food in Texas).  Astonished at the price I paid, I too arranged my haul once i got home and took a photo, and now I am scrap booking it online, for your viewing pleasure.  Ladies and gents- my haul:

Meanwhile, my 'not-really-worthy-of-calling-it-a-haul' haul tower was only 
about the size of a small cat. I am not necessarily complaining about the prices, I just find the drastic price difference interesting.*

P.S. Nana, don't worry, I have plenty of money.  $30 of fruit, cereal, peanuts, cheese and a box(?) of milk doesn't scare me. I am doing A-ok.   :)

*Disclaimer: food in Tamarindo is particularly pricey because of all the tourists. I don't think these prices are indicative of the rest of Costa Rica.

2 comments:

Jessica 1st said...

I especially love the 'inKlusive' with a 'k' Cereal.

Sara Bading said...

I am coming with Cliff bars...have no fear! i also love the 1 small container of choco milk